Bourbon Pecan Pie Bars
Your favorite pie flavor, now bite-sized! Enjoy these boozy bars that feature the sweet pecan flavors you love without having to make a full pie.
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Total Time: 1 hour 25 minutes
- Yield: 10-12 bars 1x
- Category: Desserts
- 1 (13.5-ounce) package graham cracker crust box mix
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup bourbon
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- Prepare the graham cracker crust according to the box directions.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the cornstarch, brown sugar, water, bourbon, and egg yolks.
- Simmer over medium heat, stirring constantly, until melted and thickened. Boil for 1 minute, continuing to stir constantly. Add the salt.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the butter, vanilla, and pecans.
- Pour the ﬁlling into the prepared graham cracker crust and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- To serve, cut into thin 3-inch bars.