Baked Pork Chops & Rice Dinner
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Entrées
- 4 –5 bone-in pork chops (1.5 – 2 pounds)
- salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 2 (10-1/2-ounce) cans French Onion Soup
- 1 cup uncooked long-grain rice
- 2 sprigs of thyme
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Season pork chops liberally with salt and pepper.
- Heat a skillet to medium high and add the olive oil. Once the oil is shimmering, but not bubbling, sear on one side of the chops without moving them at all. After 3-5 minutes, the first side should be golden brown. Flip the chops and repeat.
- Add the soup and rice to a 13 x 9-inch baking dish and stir to combine.
- Arrange browned pork chops on top of rice in a single layer. Cover dish tightly with aluminum foil (enough that none of the steam escapes during cooking or the rice won’t cook through).
- Bake for one hour.