Slow Cooker Hawaiian Chicken
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 hours
- Total Time: 5 hours 15 minutes
- Yield: 6-8 1x
- Category: Entrées
- 4–5 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 2 pounds)
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup orange marmalade
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons minced or grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (20-ounce) can pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 (15-ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
- Sprigs of fresh thyme, for garnish
- Cooked white rice, for serving
- Coat a 6-quart slow cooker insert with cooking spray.
- Place the chicken breasts into the slow cooker.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the cornstarch, brown sugar, soy sauce, orange marmalade, lime juice, ginger, salt, and pepper. Pour over the chicken.
- Add the pineapple and mandarin oranges.
- Cover and cook for 4–5 hours on Low or for 2–2 1/2 hours on High.
- Serve over rice. Garnish with thyme.