Baked Chicken Pasta Casserole
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
- Category: Entrées
- 1 pound bowtie pasta (sometimes called Farfalle)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 pounds skinless boneless chicken breasts (diced)*
- 8 cloves garlic, minced very fine
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 5 cups fresh baby spinach, stems removed
- 2 cups shredded Mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly spray a 9×13-inch bake dish with cooking spray.
- Place a large stockpot filled with at 4 quarts water and 1 tablespoon salt over high heat. When it comes to a rolling boil, drop in the pasta and cook for the time specified on the package. Drain.
- While pasta water heats and pasta cooks, place a 12-inch round x 3-inch deep non-stick fry pan over medium high heat. Add the oil and cook the chicken, stirring frequently until chicken is nearly cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and salt and stir, continuing to cook 2-3 minutes until chicken is cooked and very fragrant.
- Stir in the wine over high heat, stirring to lift any browned bits in the bottom of the pan, then add the spinach and continue to cook and stir another 5 minutes until spinach wilts.
- Turn off the heat, add the drained pasta to the pan and stir to combine. Pour into prepared pan. Sprinkle cheese on top and bake until hot and lightly browned, about 20 minutes.