20-Minute Tuna Melt
Some people shy away from tuna, but it really is a wonderful staple in so many recipes! This sandwich adds red onion, horseradish mustard, and celery for a flavor combo that’s hard to beat.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 6 minutes
- Total Time: 21 minutes
- Yield: 4 sandwiches 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- 2 (5-ounce) cans tuna, drained
- 1/2 small red onion, finely diced
- 1/2 celery stalk, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon horseradish mustard
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 8 slices sourdough bread
- 4 slices cheddar cheese
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter softened
- Place the tuna in a medium bowl and mash with a fork. Add the onion, celery, and parsley.
- Add the mayonnaise, mustard, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Mix to combine.
- Place two slices of bread on a clean work surface. Scoop 4 to 5 tablespoons of the tuna onto one slice of bread and top with 1 slice of cheese. Butter the second slice of bread and place on top.
- In a medium skillet, melt 1/2 tablespoon of the butter over medium heat. Once the butter is sizzling, add the sandwich, butter-side up.
- Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, until browned, then ﬂip and cook on the second side for 2 to 3 minutes more, until browned.
- Set the sandwich on a plate to cool slightly.
- Repeat to make 3 more sandwiches. (You can also use a larger skillet and cook two sandwiches at a time.) Cut in half and serve.