Cooler days call for warmer meals. And the September/October 2020 of RecipeLion Magazine has over 30 soups, chilis, hearty dinners, and yes, desserts to warm you up! All those late summer vegetables like fresh corn and the early fall fruits like apples and pears are a home cook’s best friend. Then there are those seasonal favorites like pumpkins and sweet potatoes. Yum! I just adore fall for all those wonderful ingredients that make meal prep a breeze.
That’s what this latest issue of RecipeLion Magazine is all about. You’ll find recipes for every one of these staple fall foods, from aromatic, cozy soups to oven-roasted goodness to desserts you’ll want to make again and again. Thinking about a seasonal cobbler? It’s here. A stick-to-your-ribs pork chop dinner? You’ll find that, too.
This issue is your guide to awesome autumn recipes designed for busy lives. These recipes are quick; they’re easy; and they work every time. You don’t have to be a professional chef or kitchen wizard to enjoy a delicious, home-cooked meal any night of the week. Here are just some of the recipes you’ll find here.
Warm & Cozy Soups
Get wrapped up in a cozy blanket of deliciousness. On those autumn days when rain and wind and dropping temperatures come through, there’s nothing better than a bowl of soup.
- Hearty Corn Chowder: It’s surprisingly simple to make, and the addition of potatoes and onions make this a filling meal.
- Simply Perfect Tomato Soup: Guaranteed delicious every time, this simple recipe is a fall favorite – especially when you pair it with a grilled cheese sandwich!
- Cheesy Asiago Bisque: Sweet and flavorful, asiago cheese is the cheese you didn’t know you needed this fall. Onions and garlic give the bisque a nice depth, while crumbled bacon makes this a true winner.
Chilly Day Chili
The great thing about any chili is that it tastes even better the day after you make it, so prepare enough for leftovers and you’ll truly have a tasty lunch the next day.
- Easy Slow Cooker Beef Chili: This recipe gives the flavors a full day to mingle and develop. Plus, is there anything better than coming home from a long day to have a chili dinner ready for you?
- Wonderful White Chicken Chili: This recipe is packed with warm flavors and spices for a taste of sunshine on a brisk autumn evening.
- Classic Cincinnati Chili: If you haven’t had this combination of cinnamon and chili spice, you’re missing out. Served over noodles, it’s a uniquely mid-western treat that has stood the test of time.
From chili and soups to big, filling meals, there’s no mistaking an autumn recipe.
- Cheesy Baked Pumpkin Pasta Casserole: This recipe is sure to end up on your most-wanted list. The ricotta cheese makes this a creamy delight, while chopped pecans add just the right amount of texture.
- Oven-Roasted Sweet Potatoes and Brussels Sprouts: Sure to please the most picky eaters. The creamy sweet potatoes and crunchy Brussels sprouts make for a perfectly cozy fall side dish.
- Sweet Potato and Hot Italian Sausage Casserole: This mix of sweet and spicy is the perfect balance of decadent sweet potatoes and peppery sausage all in one hearty dish.
Pork Chops 3 Ways
I won’t give away all three versions here, but you have got to try this one.
- Slow Cooker Pork Chops with Mushroom Sauce: Mushrooms and onions truly shine in this pork chop recipe. All of the flavors really get to know each other in the slow cooker and you won’t be disappointed with the creamy and juicy results.
Small Tastes of Fall
Enjoy the perfect little taste of fall with these mini dessert recipes.
- Bite-Size Pecan Pies: You’ll never be too full for dessert when these little pies are served. You can even serve them as appetizers if dessert-before-dinner is your thing.
- Chocoholic S’mores Mug Cake: If hot cocoa and a campfire s’mores came together in a mug, this would be the result!
If you like the spicy, rich flavor of cinnamon, wait until you try these desserts!
- Pumpkin Angel Food Cake with Cinnamon Whipped Cream: I think the name of this recipe says it all.
- Sinful Cinnamon Cake Roll: This recipe brings together the classic flavors of everyone’s favorite breakfast pastry into one sensational cake. The cream cheese-based filling and the homemade glaze are simply unbeatable.
- Cinnamon Pecan Coffee Cake: Enjoy this cake with your favorite fall latte for an absolutely delicious fall treat.
Happy To The Core
Seriously. How can you not be happy with a big bowl of cobbler or pudding sitting in front of you?
- Caramel Apple Pecan Bread Pudding: This slow cooker bread pudding uses cinnamon raisin bread as the base and includes all of the fall flavors you can imagine.
- Cranberry Pear Cobbler: Sweet pears and tart cranberries come together for a perfectly fall cobbler.
- Cinnamon Apple Cream Cheese Cake: It doesn’t get more classically fall than apples and cinnamon. Don’t tell anyone, but I’ve been known to enjoy this one for breakfast on occasion.
I hope you enjoy the latest issue of RecipeLion Magazine as much as we’ve enjoyed putting it together. We’re so happy to be here cooking with you and we’re looking forward to many more recipes, dishes, and meals to share.
Happy cooking—and happy eating!
Editor & Publisher
P.S. Please enjoy this issue of RecipeLion Magazine, and let me know what you think about it by commenting below with your feedback! Your input is valuable to us and can help us make improvements.