Slow Cooker Pork Chops with Mushroom Sauce
Mushrooms and onions are commonly served atop of steak, but they truly shine in this pork chop recipe. All of the flavors really get to know each other in the slow cooker and you won’t be disappointed with the creamy and juicy results.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 3 hours 30 minutes
- Total Time: 3 hours 50 minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
- Category: Entrées
- 6 boneless pork chops, 3/4 –inch thick (about 6 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon steak seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup sliced onion
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can beef or chicken broth
- Fresh thyme, for garnish
- Spray the insert of a 6-quart slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Place the pork chops in a large zip-top plastic bag and add the flour, steak seasoning, and salt. Close the bag and shake to coat the pork chops completely.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat 1 1/2 teaspoons of the olive oil over medium-high heat. Remove the pork chops from the zip-top bag and brown in the skillet until golden brown, about 3 minutes per side. Reserve the bag o seasoned flour.
- Transfer the pork chops to the slow cooker and arrange them in one layer over the bottom. In the same skillet, cook the onion over medium-high heat, stirring, for 2 minutes, until translucent. Add the remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil and the mushrooms and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes more, until the mushrooms begins to brown. Sprinkle the onion and the mushrooms with the reserved flour mixture and cook until the flour has been absorbed, about 1 minute. Add the broth and cook, stirring, until the mixture comes to a boil and begins to thicken, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Pour the mixture into the slow cooker over the pork chops, cover, and cook on Low for 3 to 3 ½ hours, depending on the thickness of the pork chops.
- Serve, garnished with fresh thyme.