Bite-Size Pecan Pies
You’ll never be too full for dessert when these little pies are served. You can even serve them as appetizers if dessert-before-dinner is your thing.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 24 mini pies 1x
- Category: Bakery
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, melted, plus butter for the muffin tin
- Pie dough for 1 double-crust 9-inch pie (store-bought or homemade)
- 1 cup corn syrup
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 24-cup mini muffin tin with butter.
- Roll out the pie dough and cut out 24 rounds with a 3-inch round cookie cutter. (I actually use a child’s cup about 3 inches in diameter.) Press the pie crust rounds into the mini muffin tin.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the corn syrup, granulated sugar, brown sugar, eggs, vanilla, and melted butter. It will have the consistency of syrup.
- Divide the pecans among the muffin cups. Pour about 2 tablespoons of pie filling on top of the pecans in each muffin cup. The pecans will float to the top.
- Bake for 22 to 25 minutes until the crust is lightly browned. Let cool in the muffin tin for about 5 minutes. Remove the pies gently, using a fork if needed, and transfer to a wire rack. Let cool completely before serving.