Toasted Sloppy Joe Sandwich
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
- Category: Entrées
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 12 slices sourdough bread
- 6 slices White Cheddar cheese
- Add the ground beef and garlic powder large skillet and brown over medium heat.
- In a small bowl, combine the ketchup, water, vinegar, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, mustard and salt. Stir until smooth and pour over the beef mixture. Stir to combine.
- Reduce heat to low and cook for 5 minutes.
- To make the sandwiches, heat a large skillet or griddle over medium heat and butter one side of each slice of bread.
- Place two slices of bread, butter-side down, in the skillet and top each slice with a slice of cheese. Spoon the sloppy joe mixture onto one piece of bread and cook for 2-3 minutes or until the bread is toasted and the cheese has melted.
- Place the bread with the melted cheese over the piece of bread with the sloppy joe mixture to form a sandwich and cook for 1 minute more.
- Repeat with remaining sandwiches.