Slow Cooker Cinnamon Rolls
Making cinnamon rolls from scratch just got easier — use your slow cooker! Topped with creamy cream cheese frosting, these cinnamon rolls are a melt-in-your-mouth treat featuring cinnamon and pecan filling.
- Prep Time: 35 minutes
- Cook Time: 2 hours
- Total Time: 2 hours 35 minutes
- Yield: 6-8 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- Cinnamon Roll
- 3/4 cup whole milk, lukewarm
- 1 (0.25-ounce) packet instant yeast
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 large egg
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 1/4 cups powdered sugar
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- For the cinnamon rolls: pour the warm milk into the bowl of a stand mixer and add the yeast and 1 teaspoon of the granulated sugar. Stir lightly. Set aside until the yeast is foamy, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Fit the mixer with the paddle attachment. On low speed, beat in the remaining granulated sugar. Add the salt, butter, egg, and 2 cups of the flour and mix until combined. With the mixer running on low speed, add the remaining ¾ cup flour, ¼ cup at a time, until a soft dough forms and the dough starts to pull away from the sides of the bowl. Beat on low speed for 2 minutes more to knead the dough. Cover the bowl of the mixer with a clean dish towel and let rest for 15 minutes.
- For the filling: Prepare the slow cooker by lining the inside with parchment paper and spraying with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine the cinnamon, granulated sugar, and pecans.
- Turn the dough out onto a board and roll it out to an 8×14-inch rectangle. Spread the softened butter on top. Sprinkle the cinnamon mixture evenly over the dough.
- Roll the dough tightly starting from one long edge, then slice it crosswise into 10 even pieces. Arrange the rolls inside the lined slow cooker. Place a long piece of paper towel over the top of the slow cooker and cover with the lid.
- Cook on High for 2 hours. Once the rolls are completely cooked, transfer them to a serving platter by lifting out the parchment paper.
- For the cream cheese frosting: In a small bowl, whisk together the powdered sugar, cream cheese, milk, and vanilla until smooth. Drizzle over the warm rolls and sever immediately.