Pineapples and grapes tend to be an underrated combo. Believe it or not, they can result in this delightful mix of sweet-tart flavors that will enliven any salad with a twist! Plus, with a hearty protein boost from cubed chicken, this Pineapple & Grape Chicken Salad is a healthy snack that can be super satisfying!
The dressing for this salad is a dry ranch mix, instantly making the dish richer with its distinctive taste of buttermilk, herbs, and spices. Leveling up the lusciousness of this salad is yogurt, which can even come in the pineapple or piña colada variety. Honey and mayo provide a subtle balancing act that makes this salad even more delectable.
Since pineapples, grapes, and chicken all have soft mouth-feels, adding a bit of crunch offers a nice contrast for your palate to enjoy. This is where some chopped celery, slivered almonds, and sliced water chestnuts come into play!
Water chestnuts, while optional, bring some more tropical flavors to the table with their fantastically fruity yet nutty taste that’s reminiscent of coconuts and apples. Toasted almonds, on the other hand, are not only crunchy, but also extra tasty as a topping. Celery is also an optional ingredient, but if you like that subtle hint of earthy spice, it’s definitely something you should toss into this already delicious mix.
Pineapple & Grape Chicken Salad can sound a bit strange to anyone who hasn’t heard of it, but as you can see, there’s more than enough reason to try this combo out! It’s also easy to make and you only have to wait half an hour when chilling the dressing. Besides, you might be surprised to find yourself craving for seconds!Print
Pineapple & Grape Chicken Salad
You might think it’s an unlikely combo, but there’s more to this Pineapple & Grape Chicken Salad than meets the eye!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Chill Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 4-6 1x
- Category: Salads & Dressings
- 1 ounce dry Ranch salad dressing mix
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup yogurt (pineapple or pina colada-flavored if desired)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 cups cooked chicken, cubed
- 1 cup fresh pineapple, cubed
- 1 and 1/2 cups seedless red grapes, cut in half
- 1 (8-ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained (optional)
- 1 cup celery, chopped (optional)
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- Combine dressing mix, mayonnaise, yogurt, and honey. Chill at least 30 minutes.
- Place chicken, pineapple, and grapes in a bowl (add celery and water chestnuts if desired). Toss with dressing. Sprinkle with almonds.
Have you tried this Pineapple & Grape Chicken Salad recipe? What did you think about it? Let us know in the comments.