Nacho Noodle Chip Casserole
If you love noodles and nachos, this is the casserole for you! Ground beef and rigatoni noodles are the base of this dish, but the combination of taco seasoning, salsa and Doritos is what makes this an especially tasty, nacho-inspired meal.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: Serves 8
- Category: Entrées
- 8 ounces rigatoni
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 (1-ounce) packet taco seasoning
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 cup canned whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 cup prepared salsa
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 (15.5-ounce) bag nacho cheese chips, all but 1/2 cup crushed
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and lightly coat a 9 x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil, add the rigatoni and the salt, and cook until al dente. Drain and reserve.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat, add the beef and the taco seasoning, and cook for 4 minutes. Stir in the
onion and continue to cook for another 3 minutes, until the meat is completely cooked. Add the corn, salsa, and water and continue to cook until hot and bubbling. Add the cooked rigatoni and remove from heat.
- Set aside 1/2 cup of the uncrushed chips, then spread about half of the remaining chips in the bottom of the baking dish and top
with half of the meat mixture. Add half of the cheese. Repeat with the remaining crushed chips, meat mixture, and cheese. Bake for 20 minutes to heat through and melt the cheese. Sprinkle the reserved uncrushed chips over the top and serve.