Easy Butter Pecan Cake Mix Squares
With some easy ingredients like cake mix and cream cheese, these bars come together in no time at all. Topped with perfect pecan halves and a butterscotch drizzle, these bars combine a lot of favorite fall flavors.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 15 Squares 1x
- Category: Bakery
- 2 cups pecan halves
- 1 (15.25-ounce) box yellow butter–flavored cake mix
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 1/2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1/2 cup store-bought butterscotch ice cream topping
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly coat a 9×13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Remove 15 perfect pecan halves and set them aside. Put the remaining pecans in a food processor and pulse to coarsely chop. Set aside.
- In the same food processor bowl, combine the cake mix, 2 of the eggs, and the butter and pulse until blended. Stir in the chopped pecans with a spoon. Spread the batter in the prepared baking dish, pressing it into the corners and just slightly up the sides, about
- In the same food processor bowl (no need to wash), combine the cream cheese, 2 remaining eggs, and the confectioners’ sugar and process until smooth. Spread the cream cheese mixture over the bottom layer in the baking dish.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes, until the top is set and golden brown.
- Transfer the baking dish to a wire rack and cool for 2 to 3 minutes. Drizzle the butterscotch ice cream topping over the cookies in a diagonal pattern. Cool completely before cutting into bars. Place one pecan half in the center of each bar before serving.