Cinnamon Apple Cream Cheese Cake
This cake can almost be considered a coffee cake, so feel free to start and end your day with this delicious breakfast/dessert! It doesn’t get more classically fall than apples and cinnamon.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Total Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- Yield: 12-15 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- 3 large apples, peeled, cored, and chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice plus 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/3 cups granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9 x 13-inch baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, toss the chopped apples with the lemon juice.
- Using a hand mixer or a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the cream cheese and butter on medium speed for 1 minute, then beat in the granulated sugar until fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, and beat until creamy. Beat in the vanilla and lemon zest.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. On low speed, add the flour mixture to the cream cheese mixture and mix until incorporated. Fold the apples into the batter. Pour the batter into the baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine the walnuts, brown sugar, cinnamon, and cardamom. Sprinkle the mixture over the top of the cake batter.
- Bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour or until the cake is golden and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool in the pan, slice, and serve.