Pumpkin Spice Dump Cake
When you’re craving a pumpkin spiced anything, this cake is the easiest solution. In classic dump cake fashion, sprinkling the cake mix on top of the pumpkin mix ensures a wonderfully easy way to make a new fall favorite.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 15 1x
- Category: Bakery
- 1 (15-ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 1 (5-ounce) can evaporated milk
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin-pie spice
- 1 teaspoon chopped crystallized ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 (15.25-ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, cut into thin slices
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Bourbon Whipped Cream (optional; see Notes)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9 x 13-inch baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the pumpkin, evaporated milk, eggs, brown sugar, pumpkin-pie spice, ginger, and salt. Pour into the baking dish. Sprinkle the cake mix over the top. Top the cake with the butter slices. In a small bowl, combine the pecans and cinnamon. Sprinkle over the cake.
- Bake for 50 to 55 minutes or until the cake is golden and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool, then slice and serve with Bourbon Whipped Cream, if desired.
- To make Bourbon Whipped Cream, whisk 1 tablespoon bourbon into 1 cup whipped cream or whipped topping.