Caramel Apple Pecan Bread Pudding
Cooking bread pudding in your slow cooker is an autumn breeze with this recipe. With cinnamon raisin bread as the base and all of the fall flavors you can imagine, the caramel sauce on top really seals the deal!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 4 hours
- Total Time: 4 hours 20 minutes
- Yield: 6-8 1x
- Category: Desserts
- 8 slices cinnamon-raisin bread cut into cubes
- 2 tart apples, peeled, cored, and diced
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1/4 cup apple cider
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- Caramel sauce, warmed, for serving
- Spray the insert of a 6-quart slow cooker with cooking spray
- Place the bread cubes, apples, pecans, and raisins in the slow cooker.
- In a small bowl combine the granulated sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Add the eggs, half-and-half, apple cider, vanilla, salt, and melted butter. Mix well to combine. Pour over the bread mixture.
- Cover and cook on Low for 3 to 4 hours or on High for 2 to 3 hours, until the pudding has set up and a knife inserted into the center comes out clean. Server with a drizzle of warm caramel sauce.