Broccoli Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo
Possibly the ultimate comfort food in its creamy, cheesy goodness, fettuccine alfredo is a fantastic recipe to have in your back pocket. This version uses broccoli and chicken to add a bit of protein and nutrients to this classic pasta dish.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: Serves 6
- Category: Entrées
- 8 ounces fettuccine
- 3 cups chopped broccoli florets
- 8 ounces boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 cups whole milk
- 2 cups shredded Italian blend cheese
- 4 ounces mascarpone cheese, room temperature
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly coat a 9 x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the fettuccine and cook until almost al dente. Add the broccoli and cook for 1 to 2 minutes, until the pasta is al dente and the broccoli is crisp-tender. Drain and return to the pot.
- While the pasta is cooking, season the chicken with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat, add the chicken, and sauté until fully cooked. Add the chicken to the pasta/ broccoli mixture.
- Melt 2 tablespoons of the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat, add the garlic, and cook for 30 seconds, being careful not to burn it. Whisk in the ﬂour to form a roux. Cook for 30 seconds, then whisk in the milk and cheeses and continue whisking until the sauce thickens about 5 minutes.
- Pour the sauce over the pasta, broccoli, and chicken and stir to combine. Pour the mixture into the baking dish.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until golden brown and bubbling. Let cool for 10 minutes and serve.