In this month’s Food Gardening Magazine, you get everything you need to know about planting blueberries—a hearty and delicious fruit to complement all your food-gardening efforts. And planting and harvesting blueberries is not as difficult as you might think. If you want to know everything you need about planting blueberries and picking blueberries, this collection is for you!
You get all the tips, techniques, and advice about how to start and maintain an awesome blueberry garden. And we cover growing blueberries for beginners and skilled gardeners alike.
Plus, you get specific advice about blueberry plant profiles—from best blueberry varieties for your geographic area to characteristics and features of each variety. Blueberry types and blueberry plant care are covered in great detail for you, so that choosing which variety to plant is an easier decision for you to make. You’ll harvest the best blueberries from your garden when you follow all this advice.
This collection about blueberries is your #1 guide for being the best blueberry gardener you can be! You should refer to this collection whenever you have questions about your blueberry garden—from planning to planting and from maintaining and nurturing to harvesting and reaping the rewards in your kitchen. You’ll have everything about taking care of blueberry plants in your garden with this collection!
First, you get a complete Introduction to Blueberries—including the history and background of this beautiful fruit. Learn which ten U.S. states account for 98% of all U.S. production of blueberries—and how blueberries are one of three berries native to North America (can you guess the other two?). And learn all about how a particular family in New Jersey really put blueberries on the map! All the details when you read this introduction now.
Then, you get Feature Articles about Blueberries that include:
- Types of Blueberries—learn the differences between lowbush blueberry plants and highbush blueberries … and rabbiteye blueberry plants and half-high blueberries. Which type is best for your growing needs?
- Land Management for Blueberries in Your Home Garden—while blueberries are one of the easiest fruiting plants to grow in your garden, learn the first thing you’ll need to decide when preparing to plant.
- Preparing Your Soil and Getting Ready to Plant Blueberries—how much does the pH level of the soil for blueberries matter? When will you need to adjust the soil? Where is the best place to get your blueberry plants to start your blueberry garden? Find out now.
- Pollinating Blueberry Plants—learn about the biggest benefit of cross-pollinating your blueberry plants (hint: it affects the size of the berries), and how self-pollination works with blueberry plants.
- Chill Out: Blueberry Chill Hours—get a full explanation about what a “chill hour” is for blueberry plants. And how to ensure that your blueberry plants are protected from too much cold.
- Fertilizing and Pruning Your Blueberry Plants—discover when (hint: not when you first plant!) and how much blueberry fertilizer your blueberry plants need. Plus, how and when to prune blueberry bushes to ensure quality and bountiful fruit.
- Prepare for Pests and Get Ready to Pick Your Blueberries—while blueberry plants are usually disease- and insect-free, find out what the biggest pest threat is to blueberries…and what you can do about it.
- Growing Blueberries in Containers or Pots—get all the secrets to growing blueberries in containers or blueberries in pots with our proven three-step method.
- Preparing for the Long Haul: Blueberries all Season Long—learn which blueberry varieties will give a crop all season long.
- Essential Tools and Equipment for Growing Blueberries—get the full list of essential gardening tools and equipment for growing blueberries … and for almost all of your gardening needs.
Next, this premium collection highlights ten popular blueberry varieties to help you choose the varieties you want to grow—this is just a sampling of the many varieties available, and this section covers the appropriate USDA growing zones for each variety:
And all your blueberry-gardening efforts are made more satisfying when you have quick and easy-to-make recipes, to ensure your harvest is enjoyed by everyone you serve at your home. Food Gardening Network is all about providing delicious recipes for making yummy dishes. Try these recipes and enjoy your blueberry harvest:
- Quick & Easy Blueberry Jam
- Baked Blueberry Oatmeal
- Blazing Fast Blueberry Muffins
- Traditional Blueberry Slump
- Wild Rice Salad with Blueberries and Corn
- Blueberry Tofu Smoothie
- Blueberry Pie Fudge
- The Ultimate Berry Crumble
- Blueberry Coffee Cake
- Blueberry Chicken
- Classic Blueberry Pie
Next, you’ll learn all about the health benefits of blueberries with Nutrition Facts about Blueberries and Home Remedies & Health Benefits of Blueberries. Learn about all the wonderful and beneficial attributes of blueberries—and how you can use blueberries to boost your overall health.
And to be sure you have everything you need to grow your own blueberries, we’ve included a Resources about Blueberries section—so that you can easily find additional tools and information about blueberries and all sorts of other general gardening resources.
Finally, our Glossary section gives you the explanation of key blueberry-growing terms and concepts—so, you’re never in the dark or confused about important blueberry gardening and harvesting ideas.
Check out this premium collection now—Blueberry Bonanza—Everything You Need to Know About Growing and Enjoying Blueberries—and you’ll really learn everything you need to know about blueberries!