This rabbiteye plant grows to a 6- to 10-foot height and spread, and is known for producing sweeter berries than other varieties. To keep these plants thriving, get them a pollination partner. Expect to harvest later in the season. These berries are perfect for canning.
- Full sun to partial shade(six to eight hours)
- 4.5 to 5.2
- 6 to 9
- 8′ to 10′ apart
- 5′ to 6′ apart for hedges
- Water deeply 1-2 inch per week during the growing season
- Keep the soil moist but not saturated
- Mid to Late Season
- Requires 550 to 650 chill hours
- Sweeter than other varieties
- High yield
- Produces clusters of up to 50 berries
Have you grown Powder Blue blueberries? If so, please tell us your top tips for ensuring a delicious harvest.