This cultivar soars head and shoulders above many other blueberry bushes. Maxing out at 8 to 10 feet tall, it spreads almost as wide. The Brightwell is a rabbiteye blueberry—its berries change from pink to blue as they mature. You might be happy with the harvest of just one of these plants; although you’ll get a higher yield with a pollination buddy like Tifblue or Climax.
- Full sun to partial shade(six to eight hours)
- 4.5 to 5.2
- 6 to 9
- 8′ to 10′ apart
- 5′ to 6′ apart for hedges
- Water deeply 1-2 inch per week during the growing season
- Keep the soil moist but not saturated
- Hardy; tolerates late freezes
- Tolerates partial sun; prefers full sun
- Pink flowers in spring; red and orange foliage in fall
Have you grown Brightwell blueberries? If so, please tell us your top tips for ensuring a delicious harvest.
Well watered,prolific, large berries,on the sweet side does well for baking,we love them. We pick them 3times this is only 1bush 6ft high 3ft wide❤️