Making some pleasing appetizers is almost like an art form, especially when you’re putting together mouthwatering canapés; they need to be a feast for both the eyes and the tummy. Believe it or not, a lot of fancy-looking canapés are actually very simply constructed. More than just a matter of presentation, knowing which ingredients to pair up are what can really make your canapés one for the books!
Enter these vibrant, eye-catching, and luscious Shrimp and Cucumber Rounds! They’re not just colorful and aesthetically impressive, but they’re also absolutely delectable and, best of all, carb-free! When you have a nice harvest of English cucumbers ready to be enjoyed, then this is one way you can showcase the fruits of your labor — especially if you have a party coming up. Slice them into nice ¼-inch rounds, which will serve as the foundation for the shrimp topping.
Cooked shrimp provide a great contrast to the bright green of cucumbers, and they let you delight in a tender and mildly sweet topping that is made even more delicious with some mayonnaise, green onions, celery ribs, cayenne pepper, fresh dill, and dill pickle relish. You’ve got a bit of spice and crunch to go with it, alongside the subtly vinegary relish of pickled dill. These Shrimp and Cucumber Rounds are the kind of canapés that will make you lick your fingers with delight!
Carefully spoon the shrimp mixture on top of the cucumber rounds, making sure that you divide the mixture evenly. Add some fresh dill for garnish for a slightly citrus, mildly grassy flourish. Serve on a nice platter with a glass of iced tea. Your guests will definitely come back for seconds!Print
Shrimp and Cucumber Rounds
A feast for both the eyes and the tummy, these delectable Shrimp and Cucumber Rounds are sure to satisfy your appetite!
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: Makes about 3 dozen 1x
- Category: Appetizers
- 1/2 pound cooked shrimp, peeled, deveined, and chopped
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise (regular or reduced fat)
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 celery rib, strings removed, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon dill pickle relish
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 1 medium English cucumber, sliced into 1/4-inch rounds
- Fresh dill, for garnish.
- In a small bowl, combine the shrimp, mayonnaise, green onions, celery rib, dill pickle relish, and cayenne pepper.
- Spoon a small amount of the shrimp mixture onto the cucumber slices, dividing the mixture evenly.
- Garnish the top of each round with a small piece of dill.
Cucumbers are easy to grow and will reward you with delicious dishes and health benefits! Check out our Cucumber Growers Gardening Guide, and you’ll have everything you need to know about growing and enjoying this versatile food.
Have you tried this recipe? It’s so easy and is a real crowd-pleaser—please tell us how it turned out for you.