Pesto Chicken Zoodles
The combination of pesto and sundried tomatoes in this zoodle dish is a weeknight winner for sure. Light, refreshing, and with just enough flavor, this healthy meal is great for any day of the week.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Marinade Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 2 1x
- Category: Entrées
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon pesto, plus more as needed
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more as needed
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, plus more as needed
- 2 zucchini, trimmed and spiralized (see notes)
- 6–8 sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained and chopped
- Shredded Italian-blend cheese (optional)
- In a medium bowl, combine the chicken, pesto, salt, and pepper. Toss to coat.
- Cover and let marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes or longer.
- Grill or sauté the chicken over medium heat for 4–5 minutes per side until fully cooked. Place on a cutting board and let rest for 5 minutes. Slice the chicken.
- In a large skillet sprayed with cooking spray, add the zucchini noodles with salt and pepper to taste. Heat for 1–2 minutes over medium-high heat.
- Place the zucchini noodles in a bowl or on a platter.
- Top the noodles with the sliced chicken, sun-dried tomatoes, more pesto, and shredded Italian cheese, if using. Serve.
- To spiralize: Trim the ends of the zucchini so they’re ﬂat. Straight pieces work best, so if your zucchini is crooked, cut it at the bend so you have straighter pieces to work with. Insert the zucchini into the spiralizer and turn the handle to create your noodles.