Chicken and Sweet Coconut Rice Casserole
Assemble this casserole in just 20 minutes for a dairy-free and vitamin-rich dinner. The coconut milk adds a creamy and sweet flavor that balances out the rich flavors of the vegetables.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 5 minutes
- Yield: 6–8 1x
- Category: Entrées
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 zucchini, sliced
- 1 (15.25-ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 leek, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 (6.3-ounce) box rice pilaf, cooked according to the package directions
- 5 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- 1 (13-ounce) can coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and lightly coat a 9 x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the zucchini, corn, leek, and bell pepper, and sauté for 6 to 8 minutes.
- Combine the vegetables, cooked rice, chicken, coconut milk, and pepper and pour into the baking dish. Bake for 35 minutes, until the coconut milk is absorbed. Serve.