Chewy Lemon Coconut Cookies
Light as a cloud, these sweet cookies are airy, chewy, and as lemony as can be! Top the dough with confectioners’ sugar to really highlight the crackled top of these cookies once baked.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 24 cookies 1x
- Category: Bakery
- 1 (18.25-ounce) box lemon cake mix
- 1 1/2 cups frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons lemon extract
- Confectioners’ sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, beat the cake mix, whipped topping, egg, shredded coconut, lemon juice, and lemon extract until well combined.
- Place the confectioners’ sugar in a small bowl. Using a cookie scoop or your hands, shape the dough into 2-inch balls. (The dough will be very sticky. If using your hands, dust them lightly with the
confectioners’ sugar.) Roll the dough balls in the confectioners’ sugar to coat. Place on the prepared baking sheets about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, until light brown.
- Cool for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack. Serve.