Make-Ahead Broccoli Salad
Another new essential to your Easter menu is this make-ahead recipe. The flavors actually get better the longer they mingle together in the salad so feel free to make the day before and chill in the fridge until ready to serve.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 2 hours
- Total Time: 2 hours 15 minutes
- Yield: 6 to 8 1x
- Category: Salads & Dressings
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 pounds broccoli, chopped into bite-size pieces
- 1 cup raisins
- 3/4 cup cashew pieces 1 small shallot, finely
- chopped (about 1/4 cup)
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese, cut into bite-size cubes
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- For the dressing: In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, sugar, and vinegar. Set aside.
- For the salad: In a large bowl, toss the broccoli, raisins, cashews, shallot, cheese cubes, and bacon together. Pour the dressing over the broccoli mixture and toss to coat all of the ingredients with the sauce.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours. Serve.