Soda Pop Chicken and Rice
Lemon-lime soda is the surprise ingredient in this chicken and rice dish. The soda adds flavor and moisture to an otherwise simple amount of ingredients for a fresh spring recipe.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 3 hours
- Total Time: 3 hours 10 minutes
- Yield: 4-6 1x
- Category: Entrées
- 3 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (10.5-ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (12-ounce) can lemon-lime soda
- 1 cup white rice
- 1/4 cup chicken broth, low- sodium preferred
- 1 cup shredded white cheddar cheese
- Sprigs of fresh rosemary, for garnish
- Coat a 6-quart slow cooker insert with cooking spray.
- Place the chicken in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Sprinkle the rosemary, thyme, and pepper over the chicken.
- Pour the cream of mushroom soup and lemon-lime soda over the top.
- Cover and cook for 1–1 1/2 hours on High.
- Add the rice and broth and cook for another 1–1 1/2 hours on High, until the chicken is cooked.
- In the last 30 minutes of cooking, add the white cheddar cheese and mix. Garnish with rosemary and serve.