Crisp lettuce leaves make a crunchy and refreshing wrapper for the teriyaki chicken and cherry mixture. This is a wonderful summer lunch or dinner treat, so it’s perfect when your harvest is just in.Print
Cherry Chicken Lettuce Wraps
Crisp lettuce leaves make a crunchy and refreshing wrapper for the teriyaki chicken and cherry mixture. This is a wonderful summer lunch or dinner treat, so it’s perfect when your harvest is just in.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: Serves 6 1x
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1 1/4 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger root
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 pound sweet cherries, pitted and halved
- 1 1/2 cups shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
- 1/3 cup toasted and sliced almonds
- 12 lettuce leaves
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Sauté chicken and ginger in hot oil until chicken is cooked through, 7 to 10 minutes. Set aside.
- Whisk vinegar, teriyaki sauce, remaining 1 tablespoon oil, and honey together in a bowl. Add chicken mixture, cherries, carrots, green onion, and almonds; toss to combine.
- Spoon 1/12 of the chicken and cherry mixture onto the center of each lettuce leaf; roll leaf around filling and serve.
Have you tried this recipe? It’s so easy and healthy, yet totally delicious—please tell us how it turned out for you.