All chicken should be stuffed with guac! If you’re short on spices, taco seasoning is a perfectly good substitute. Also, if you live for spice, add a chopped jalapeño to the guac mixture for some added heat.Print
All chicken should be stuffed with guac! If you’re short on spices, taco seasoning is a perfectly good substitute. Also, if you live for spice, add a chopped jalapeño to the guac mixture for some added heat.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: Serves 4
- Category: Entrées
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 avocado, diced
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 red onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes, quartered
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped cilantro, plus more for garnish
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a small bowl, combine salt, chili powder, garlic powder, oregano, onion powder, and cumin. Rub oil all over the chicken and then coat with the spice mix.
- In a large bowl, mash avocado and stir in lime juice, garlic, red onion, tomatoes, and cilantro.
- Cut a pocket into each chicken breast and stuff with guacamole mixture. Secure the pockets with toothpicks to keep them closed.
- Bake until the chicken is cooked to an internal temperature of 165 degrees, about 25 minutes.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve with lime wedges.
Have you tried this recipe? Please tell us what people thought when you served it.