These pickles will become your new obsession. Serve them in salads or on their own with lunch or dinner.Print
These pickles will become your new obsession. Serve them in salads or on their own with lunch or dinner.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 3 hours
- Total Time: 3 hours 15 minutes
- Yield: Makes 4 pickles 1x
- Category: Sides & Sauces
- 1 cup distilled white vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 clove garlic, thinly sliced
- 5 sprigs cilantro
- 2 underripe avocados, peeled and thinly sliced
- Combine vinegar, water, sugar, and salt in a small saucepan and bring to a boil, stirring frequently. When the sugar and salt have dissolved, set the pan aside to cool.
- Place red pepper flakes, garlic, cilantro, and avocado slices in a mason jar. Pour the cooled pickling mixture into the jar and seal tightly with a lid.
- Refrigerate for at least 3 hours to allow flavors to develop before serving.
Have you tried this recipe? Please tell us if you serve these pickles at dinner or lunch, and how your family likes them.