You don’t have to be a professional chef to know that chicken is a versatile ingredient. You can pair it with almost anything, especially if it serves as the protein for your salad! That said, there’s absolutely no way you can go wrong with this Greek Yogurt Chicken Salad.
With the extra tang of Greek yogurt, your salad becomes a stunningly flavorful, light-calorie variation of your standard chicken salad, which typically uses mayo. With Greek yogurt on your side, you get a protein-packed dressing that has a lighter texture. Adding in some olive oil holds the dressing and the ingredients together with a delicious hint of olives.
Aside from the obvious ingredients, this Greek Yogurt Chicken Salad also comes with the refreshing, crunchy textures of diced celery and onions. The cherry tomatoes give it that juicy punch with every bite, while the mashed avocado’s creaminess and subtle sweetness harmonizes perfectly with the Greek yogurt.
Adding to the salad’s rainbow of flavors are freshly squeezed lime juice, as well as herbs, spices, and seasonings that give it a wonderfully versatile flair. There’s the kosher salt, the spice of the paprika and garlic powder, the nutty sweetness of cumin, and the fresh and citrusy tang of cilantro all together in a wonderful mix.
My favorite part of this recipe is that you can enjoy your Greek Yogurt Chicken Salad in cute little cups of bell pepper for that added crunch and color! Top it off with some fresh parsley and you have a healthy snack that cuts down on calories without cutting down the fun and creativity of this dish.Print
Greek Yogurt Chicken Salad
Greek yogurt is the key to cutting some unwanted calories from your favorite summer comfort foods. Plus, serving this Greek Yogurt Chicken Salad in little pepper cups is so much fun!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Salads & Dressings
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked and cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1/2 cup finely diced red onion
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 avocado, mashed
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 4 red or yellow bell peppers, tops cut off and insides scooped and cleaned out
- Fresh parsley, for garnish
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken, celery, onion, and tomatoes.
- In a small bowl, mix together the yogurt, avocado, cilantro, olive oil, lime juice, garlic powder, cumin, salt, and paprika.
- Combine the dressing with the chicken mixture.
- Scoop one-quarter of the chicken salad mixture into each bell pepper. Top with parsley. Serve.
- To cook the chicken, place the breasts on a baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes.
What do you think about this recipe? Do you like to serve it in a garden-fresh bell pepper or do you prefer it on homemade sandwich bread?