Goat Cheese & Ricotta Flatbread with Tomatoes and Zucchini
Sometimes all a flatbread recipe needs is flavorful cheese. The combination of goat cheese and ricotta is balanced by an abundance of colorful and flavorful tomatoes.
- Prep Time: 1 hour
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 40 minutes
- Yield: 6–8 1x
- Category: Entrées
- 1 premade refrigerated whole-wheat pizza crust
- 2 cups halved multicolor cherry tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil Salt and pepper
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 3 (3.5-ounce) containers crumbled goat cheese
- Thaw the refrigerated dough to room temperature. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, toss the halved cherry tomatoes with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil and a sprinkle of salt and pepper. Spread the tomatoes onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat and bake for about 20 minutes until blistered and roasted. Set aside.
- Turn the oven up to 475 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the ricotta, basil, milk, lemon juice, and garlic together. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Divide the dough into two portions. On a lightly ﬂoured surface, use a rolling pin to shape the dough into an oval until it is ¼ inch thick. Repeat with the second piece of dough. Carefully transfer both pieces of dough to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat (or use a pizza stone).
- Drizzle each crust with the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil. Spread half of the ricotta mixture onto each, then top with the zucchini and tomatoes. Sprinkle the goat cheese on top of each.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until the crust and toppings are browned to your liking. Remove from the oven and sprinkle with salt and pepper.