Deconstructed Chicken Parm Casserole
It’s all the flavors of chicken parm that you love, without the hassle of breading the chicken. This dish serves 6 to 8 people, but don’t be surprised if they come back for seconds!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: Serves 6-8 1x
- Category: Entrées
- 4 cups shredded cooked chicken breast meat
- 1 (28-ounce) jar marinara sauce
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese, sliced thin or shredded
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons thinly sliced fresh basil
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and lightly coat an 8 x 8-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Layer the chicken in the bottom of the baking dish. Pour the marinara over the chicken and stir to combine. Top with the mozzarella and Parmesan. In a small bowl, mix the panko with the melted butter, salt, pepper, and pepper ﬂakes and sprinkle on top. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until bubbling and golden. Scatter the basil over the casserole and serve
- To cook the chicken, place 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts on a baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and shred.