Sweet Relish Southern Deviled Eggs
Take a cue from the south with these easy deviled eggs that combine flavors of sweet relish, mustard, and paprika to make a delightful appetizer for your spring gathering.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: Serves 12 1x
- Category: Appetizers
- 6 large hard-boiled eggs, peeled
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Pimento slices, cut in half
- Baby dill
- pickles, sliced
- Halve the hard-boiled eggs lengthwise. Scoop the yolks into a medium bowl and set the whites aside.
- Mash the yolks with a fork.
- Add the mayonnaise, sour cream, vinegar, mustard, relish (if using), salt, and pepper and mix until smooth.
- Set the egg whites on a serving platter, rounded-side down. Using a piping bag or a spoon, ﬁll the cavity of each egg white with the egg yolk ﬁlling.
- Top each egg half with a pimento slice and a dill pickle slice. Sprinkle with paprika and serve.