Dreamy Orange Bars
The combination of creamy vanilla and rich orange flavors is one that can’t be beat! These orange bars are made with orange cake mix and topped with a zesty cream cheese frosting.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 12 bars 1x
- Category: Bakery
- 1 (16.5-ounce) box orange cake mix
- 1 (3.4-ounce) package French vanilla instant pudding mix
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup white chocolate chips
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- For the bars: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly coat a 9 x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, and vegetable oil and beat until a dough forms.
- Stir in the white chocolate chips.
- Press the dough into the bottom of the prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until golden and set. Cool.
- For the frosting: In a medium bowl, beat the cream cheese and butter until well combined. Slowly add the confectioners’ sugar and beat until smooth. Add the orange zest and mix.
- Spread the frosting over the cookies and cut them into bars. Serve.