Classic Beef Stroganoff
There’s just something about egg noodles and beef that makes for a hearty and satisfying dinner. This is the beef stroganoff recipe you’ll want to have on hand.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: Serves 4
- Category: Entrées
- 8 ounces egg noodles
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 8 ounces white mushrooms, trimmed and chopped
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 pounds beef sirloin steak, cubed
- 1 1/2 cups beef broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the egg noodles and salt and cook until al dente. Drain and return the pasta to the pot. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat, add the mushrooms and onion, and cook, stirring occasionally, until the onion is tender.
- Add the beef and cook until brown. Stir in 1 cup of the broth, the salt, and the Worcestershire sauce. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes.
- In a small bowl whisk the remaining 1/2 cup broth and the ﬂour together and add to the beef mixture. Heat to boiling, stirring constantly, and boil for 1 minute. Let cool for 2 minutes and stir in the sour cream. Serve over the noodles.