Classic blackberry pie gets a new twist. Perfect for summer gatherings and parties. The kids will love it! Adjust the ratio of berries and chocolate chips to suit your preferences.Print
Blackberry Chocolate-Chip Pie
Classic blackberry pie gets a new twist. Perfect for summer gatherings and parties. The kids will love it! Adjust the ratio of berries and chocolate chips to suit your preferences.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Additional Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: Serves 8 1x
- Category: Bakery
- 1 (15-ounce) package pastry for a 9-inch double crust pie
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 cups blackberries
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Place one of the pie crusts into the bottom of a 9-inch pie plate.
- In a bowl, mix the sugar, flour, and cinnamon. Gently stir in the blackberries and chocolate chips and sprinkle with lemon juice. Transfer the mixture to the pie plate.
- Place the remaining pie crust over the top, and secure it to the bottom crust by pressing the edges with a fork, or fluting it with your fingers.
- Bake the pie for 35 minutes in the preheated oven, until top is golden brown.
- Cool slightly before slicing.
Do you like your blackberry pie better with chocolate chips? Please share your thoughts with us in the comments.