The Honeoye strawberry was a top seller for decades and is still a grower favorite. It’s an early midseason June-bearing cultivar. Honeoye produces high yields of medium-size, bright red berries with a firm texture that hold their color in canning. Best in full sun in zones 3 to 9.
- full sun (six to eight hours)
- 6.0 to 6.5
- 3 to 9
- 12-18 inches apart
- space rows 3-4 feet apart
- 1 inch per week
- Relatively adaptable but does best in loamy, light soil
- Works well in raised beds
- Grows to a maximum height of 8 to 10 inches and spread of 12 inches
- Has no resistance to soil-based diseases
- Is susceptible to black root rot
Have you ever grown Honeoye strawberries? Please tell us about your experiences with Honeoye.