This is a midseason June-bearing cultivar. It produces firm, large, flavorful berries. It thrives in full sun in zones 5 to 8 and produces good yields in southern states. Chandler is also adaptable to eastern regions of the U.S.
- full sun (six to eight hours)
- 5.5 to 7.5
- 4 to 8
- 12-18 inches apart
- space rows 3-4 feet apart
- 1 inch per week
- Classical cone-shaped fruit
- Has a prostrate growth habit
- Has white flowers
- Mature height of 6 to 8 inches and a spread of 12 to 18 inches
- Somewhat susceptible to anthracnose disease
Have you tried growing Chandler strawberries? What region do you grow them in? Please tell us your experiences growing Chandler strawberries.