AC Wendy is a vigorous early-season June-bearing variety developed in Nova Scotia, Canada. It’s known for its runner production and high fruit yields. AC Wendy does well in both light and heavy soil and likes full sun. Best in zones 4 to 8.
- full sun (six to eight hours)
- 6.5 to 6.8
- 4 to 8
- 12-24 inches apart
- space rows 3-4 feet apart
- 1 inch per week
- Conical to wedge-shaped, large fruits ripen early
- Berries hold up in freezer storage
- Prostrate growth habit with a mature height of 12 inches and spread of 24 to 36 inches
- Moderately resistant to powdery mildew
Do you grow AC Wendy strawberries? If so, please tell us your top tips for ensuring a delicious harvest.