Spring is just right for celebrating in the kitchen. Sure, I feel that way about every season, but there are so many rich flavors and textures to explore with these longer, sunnier days. There are still cool evenings when you can enjoy a comforting dish baked in the oven, and you get warm days that lend themselves to easy casseroles and quick, light lunches.
I think the most challenging part for me is deciding what I want to make! I will tell you, no matter what’s on the dinner table, dessert is a given. You’ll find more than a dozen dessert recipes in the latest issue of RecipeLion Magazine. They’re all super-easy to make, too.
In fact, all the recipes in this issue are created with busy, working families in mind. You should still be able to enjoy a delicious, healthy meal even when you’re trying to fit in PTO meetings, dog walks, and a few minutes of downtime.
The issue opens with five mouth-watering brunch recipes that go great with pajamas and coffee. Then you can find lunch, dinner, and those delectable desserts (although I promise not to tell if you sneak the Glazed Coconut Pound Cake to the breakfast table).
So whether you’re new to the kitchen or an avid home chef who can’t seem to find the time to cook, you’re in the right place. Here are some of the recipes you can find in this issue.
- Layered Cinnamon Roll Casserole: If there were awards for breakfast, this would be a winner every time. This recipe is as easy to bake as it is to eat. Honestly, though, just smelling them in the oven is enough to make you want them every day. Hot cinnamon rolls with freshly made cream cheese icing and plenty of raisins… Wow!
- Banana Chip Pancake Casserole: You can’t go wrong with this recipe, either. This one’s on regular rotation around here. Bananas, chocolate chips, real maple syrup – you’ll think you’re still dreaming!
- Easy Overnight Eggs Benedict: Make this casserole before you go to bed and you have delicious Eggs Benedict for the whole family in the morning.
Lunch al Fresco
We love adding a little twist here and there to spice up lunches. So when you look through these recipes you’ll notice some fun ingredients like pimento-stuffed olives, plenty of paprika, and Sriracha mayo. These are perfect for those gorgeous spring days when you want to take your lunch outdoors and enjoy the fresh air, the singing birds, and that warm sunshine.
- Easy Egg Salad Sandwich: It’s a classic, with a little pizazz from red onions, dill, and lemon juice for a lunch you will absolutely remember. Aside from hard boiling the eggs, this recipe is about as quick as it gets, too.
- Sweet Relish Southern Deviled Eggs: I know everyone has a deviled egg recipe they like, but I have to tell you, the sweet relish and mustard in this truly take it over the top. You’ve had deviled eggs, but you haven’t had deviled eggs like this.
Some nights, you just want a nice, comforting dinner hot from the oven. These recipes are perfect for those nights.
- Smoked Gouda Mac and Cheese: Honestly, the only way you can beat classic mac and cheese is to load it up with crispy bacon, which is exactly what this recipe calls for. The two cheeses (cheddar and smoked Gouda!) give the dish a rich, complex flavor that will have everyone at your table cheering.
- Classic Beef Stroganoff: Here’s another quick meal that touches all the right taste buds. It’s a hearty, satisfying dinner that’s perfect for those nights when spring feels like it’s taking its sweet time getting here.
- Deconstructed Chicken Parm Casserole: If you’re feeling fancy, this is the recipe you want. You get all the chicken parm flavors you love without the hassle of breading the chicken.
Crazy for Coconut
Something about coconut just feels relaxing to me. Maybe it’s the thought of beachy locales with fresh coconuts all around, but these recipes take me away to that special place.
- Easy Coconut Cream Pie: It’s cool. It’s creamy. And it’s extra coconut-y.
- Pineapple Coconut Cake: Pineapple + coconut + pecans = a flavor combination that can’t be beat! Top this quick and easy cake with grilled pineapple or your favorite frosting — or both.
Pastel Desserts for Spring
I kid you not, the desserts in this section are made to make your sweet tooth happy.
- Melty Mint Bark: Classic mint melts meet chocolate bark for a recipe that’s pastel and sure to please!
- 3-Ingredient Lemon Bars: No more lemon bars with complicated instructions. These are surprisingly easy to make and only take five minutes to put together.
- Dreamy Orange Bars: Bring together the rich flavors of orange and vanilla, top it with a zesty cream cheese frosting, and you’ve got a gold medal!
- Spring Carrot Cake: Three layers of moist cake are stacked and finished with an unmistakable cream cheese frosting for a cake you simply can’t beat. Plus there are a couple of secret ingredients in here that give the cake that extra something special.
- Easy Chocolate Cherry Blossom Cookies: You won’t come across cherry cookies often, but I promise you’ll be happy you gave these a try. It’s like the best chocolate-covered cherry you’ve ever tasted.
I hope you enjoy the latest issue of RecipeLion Magazine as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it. We’re so happy to be here cooking with you and we’re looking forward to many more recipes, dishes, and meals to share.
Happy cooking—and happy eating!
Editor & Publisher
P.S. Please enjoy this issue of RecipeLion Magazine, and let me know what you think about it by commenting below with your feedback! Your input is valuable to us and can help us make improvements.