Nothing is easier, and who says you have to have orange juice with breakfast anyway? Try this and see if your family doesn’t start demanding it every day.Print
Nothing is easier, and who says you have to have orange juice with breakfast anyway? Try this and see if your family doesn’t start demanding it every day.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: Serves 4 1x
- Category: Beverages
- 1 small sweet watermelon (~ 6 pounds)
- 1 small lime, juiced (optional)
- Slice the watermelon in half. Using a big spoon, scoop chunks of sweet watermelon into the blender. Discard the rind.
- Blend the watermelon in a blender or food processor until it’s totally pulverized. This shouldn’t take more than a minute. For extra flavor, squeeze the juice of one small lime into the blender and blend for a few seconds.
- If your watermelon is notably pulpy or seeded, pour the mixture through a fine mesh strainer into a pitcher. If not, you can pour it directly into glasses filled with ice. Watermelon juice will keep in the refrigerator, covered, for up to four days. The juice will separate over time; stir it with a spoon to recombine.
Have you tried this recipe? It’s a satisfying summer thirst-quencher—please tell us how it turned out for you.