Spring Carrot Cake
Carrot cake can come in many forms, but this cake is ready for the Easter table! Three layers of moist cake are stacked with unmistakable cream cheese frosting for a cake that’s sure to please.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Chill Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- Yield: 1 cake; serves 10 to 12 1x
- Category: Bakery
- Butter, for greasing the pans
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups grated carrots
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 (8-ounce) can pineapple chunks, drained
- 3/4 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1–2 (16-ounce) tubs cream cheese frosting
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line the bottoms of three 8-inch or two 9-inch round cake pans with waxed or parchment paper. Grease the pans with butter and dust with ﬂour.
- In a large bowl, combine the ﬂour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt with a whisk for 30 seconds. Set aside.
- In another large bowl, combine the sugar, eggs, vegetable oil, and vanilla. Using a hand mixer, mix for 2 to 3 minutes on medium speed until well blended and light colored.
- With a spoon, stir in the ﬂour mixture until moistened, then add the carrots, pecans, pineapple, and coconut. Pour into the cake pans.
- Bake for 35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let the cake layers cool in the pans on a wire rack for 10 minutes, then turn them out of the pans. Let cool completely before frosting. You can use orange frosting and parsley to make carrot decorations if desired. Cut into slices and serve.