Fresh Strawberry Icebox Cake
Summer strawberries are a delight to include in desserts. Decadent and delicious, the strawberries perfectly balance the sweet chocolate and creamy filling of this icebox cake.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Chill Time: 5 hours
- Total Time: 5 hours 15 minutes
- Yield: 8 1x
- Category: Desserts
- 1 (8-ounce) container mascarpone cheese, room temperature
- 1 (8-ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract
- 2 (7-ounce) packages dry savoiardi ladyfingers
- 2 pounds fresh strawberries, sliced, some whole strawberries reserved (optional)
- 2 ounces bittersweet dark chocolate, chopped
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- Line a 9-inch square baking dish with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, combine the mascarpone cheese with the whipped topping.
- In a small bowl, combine the milk and vanilla. Working with one at a time, dip the ladyfingers in the milk mixture and line the bottom of the baking dish with them, cutting to fit if necessary. Top the ladyfingers with half of the mascarpone mixture, then add a layer of sliced strawberries. Repeat with another layer of the ladyfingers, the remaining mascarpone mixture, then a layer of strawberries, sliced, whole, or both.
- Combine the chopped chocolate and coconut oil in a small microwave-safe bowl and microwave on high in 15-second intervals or until melted. Drizzle over the top of the cake.
- Refrigerate for 4–5 hours. Slice and serve.