Some savory dishes call out for a bit of sweetness. This five-ingredient main dish is one of them—and it’s so easy. The raspberry-balsamic sauce not only adds flavor, but the color also enhances the presentation, taking a simple chicken dish to the next level.Print
Chicken Thighs with Raspberry-Balsamic Sauce
Some savory dishes call out for a bit of sweetness. This five-ingredient main dish is one of them—and it’s so easy. The raspberry-balsamic sauce not only adds flavor, but the color also enhances the presentation, taking a simple chicken dish to the next level.
- Prep Time: 2 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 27 minutes
- Yield: Serves 4 1x
- Category: Entrées
- 4 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- 1 tablespoon ghee or olive oil
- 1 pinch salt, to taste
- 1 cup fresh or frozen (thawed) raspberries
- 1 clove garlic, smashed
- 1 pinch dried thyme
- 1/4 cup aged balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Pat the chicken thighs dry and sprinkle liberally with salt. Place a medium-sized oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat and heat for a few minutes.
- Add ghee (or oil) to pan and, once ghee is melted, add chicken thighs to skillet skin down. Let cook for 10 minutes, without touching, or until very golden and crispy. Flip chicken thighs and place pan in oven. Let cook for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, blend raspberries, garlic, thyme, and balsamic vinegar in the food processor or blender. Salt to taste and add honey to taste, if desired.
- After 10 minutes in the oven, carefully remove the pan from the oven and use tongs to remove chicken thighs. Let rest on a plate for 5 minutes then serve with raspberry-balsamic sauce.
Have you tried this recipe? It’s so easy and makes for an impressive dish for your friends and family—please tell us how it turned out for you.