French Breakfast radishes are long, crunchy, red spring radishes with white tips and mild flavor. This variety grows quickly.
Days to maturity
- 30 days
- Full sun in spring/fall and partial/full shade in summer
- 5.8 to 6.8
- Zones 2 to 9 (shade cloth may be needed in higher zones)
- Plants: 1 inch apart
- Rows: 8 to 12 inches apart
- 1 inch per week
- Flavors will be milder when harvested in cooler temps, and spicier when harvested in the summer
- Harvest when 2 to 3 inches long
- Germinate in soil that is 65 to 85 degrees F
- Another similar variety that’s lesser known is called “French Dressing” and only takes 21 days from seed to harvest
Have you ever grown French Breakfast radishes? Please tell us about your experiences.