A quintessential red globe radish, the Early Scarlet Globe radish is one of the most popular varieties of radishes. They are early to plant, early to harvest, and produces small round 1 to 2 inch red globes with crisp flesh and mild flavor.
Days to maturity
- 20 to 30 days
- Full sun in spring/fall and partial/full shade in summer
- 5.8 to 6.8
- Zones 2 to 9 (shade cloth may be needed in higher zones)
- Plants: 1 inch apart
- Rows: 6 to 8 inches apart
- 1 inch per week
- Pick early for spicier flavor and later for more mild flavor
- Grow easily in containers
- Harvest when leaves are 6 to 8 inches long
- Germinate in soil that is 65 to 85 degrees F
Have you ever grown Early Scarlet Globe radishes? Please tell us about your experiences.