Welcome to the March/April 2020 edition of RecipeLion Magazine! Can you believe it will officially be spring in just a few weeks? I saw my first few tulips of the season coming up just the other day. And before you know it, those first tender spears of garden-fresh asparagus will be on the menu!
While spring might not be beach weather for most of us, this issue of RecipeLion Magazine includes plenty of dinners that will get you into a sunny state of mind – in about 30 minutes! Dive into fresh recipes featuring the brightest the season has to offer. Plus, these recipes are simple enough that they’re pretty much guaranteed to taste great, and they won’t leave your kitchen looking like a scene from Ghostbusters.
This issue features 30 meals that are quick and easy to make. I promise the five homemade pizza recipes will make your entire family happy. And there’s a slow cooker dessert recipe that will leave your mouth watering just thinking about it.
If you’re hosting Easter dinner, make sure you check out the Easter menu. It has everything you need to serve a delicious and special dinner, including appetizers and dessert.
Whether it’s a potluck, a sit-down dinner at home, or something to take to your friend’s for game day, this issue of RecipeLion Magazine has all the inspiration and recipes you need. Here’s a look at what’s in this issue.
Any Way You Slice It
Pizza. It might be one of the most versatile foods ever. And it’s so easy to make!
- Chicken & Garlic Pizza with Marinara: Sure, it’s tasty enough on it’s own, but this pizza includes asparagus as a topping for an easy way to add some fresh spring veggies into your meal.
- Quick Caprese Cauliflower Pizzas: Roasted cauliflower with traditional caprese-style toppings? What’s not to love?
Chicken + Rice
Chicken and rice is a classic combo. Full of protein and plenty of nutritional goodness, you can’t really go wrong here.
- Creamy Chicken & Wild Rice Soup: This hearty, fresh soup showcases the wonderful blend of mushrooms, carrots, and celery for a flavorful meal that will warm your heart.
- 30-Minute Chicken Fried Rice: Here’s a tried and true favorite that you can make any night of the week.
Eggs for Everyone
Are eggs the most versatile food ever? They might be! Whether you need an appetizer or breakfast dish, eggs can be your go-to.
- Clever Lil Devils: Here’s a deviled egg recipe gives you a low-cal way to make these get-together favorites without sacrificing flavor.
- The Perfect Slow-Cooked Veggie Omelet: Instead of making individual omelets every morning, this slow cooker version is packed with vegetables and it’s easy to prepare.
Turn Dessert Upside Down
It’s true that there’s only one dessert in this section of the magazine, but once you taste it, you’ll know why!
- Slow Cooker Pineapple Upside Down Cake: Classic flavors are welcome this spring and this Pineapple Upside Down Cake is a fan-favorite.
New Easter Essentials
Would you believe me if I said making Easter dinner can be relaxing? It’s true! At the very least, you can take the stress out of preparing a big meal. There’s a full Easter menu here for you to use, from salad and appetizer to sides and dessert.
- Slow Cooker Easter Ham: This pineapple ham has all the sweet flavor you could want in a ham, and it can cook while you make your sides.
- Simple Au Gratin Potatoes: Make sure this French classic is on your table. I promise, no one can resist the tastiness.
- New Favorite Carrot Cake Roll: A good carrot cake is a staple of spring, and this particular carrot cake is a wonderfully layered taste of sunshine. The cream cheese frosting doesn’t hurt, either!
A Farmer’s Market Feast
I love, love, love when the market gets hopping in the spring with all kinds of fresh fruits and vegetables. Here are some favorites from the market or from your own garden.
- Make-Ahead Roasted Root Veggie Casserole: This one’s easy prep in advance. Just peel and cut your veggies ahead of time, then cook whenever you are ready.
- Mini Strawberry Shortcakes: Fresh strawberry season will be here soon, and these mini shortcakes are a perfect way to enjoy them.
Don’t forget March 14 is “Pi-Day!”
- No-Bake Chocolate Pie with Strawberries: With this recipe, there’s no excuse for missing out on the fun. You simply can’t go wrong with chocolate and strawberries!
Sweet, fresh, and healthy is on the menu with these fruit-centric delights.
- Heavenly Lime Bundt Cake: All the flavor of citrus without the sourness. Warning: Only make this heavenly lime cake if you’re prepared to give out the recipe, because I promise people will beg you for it.
- Chewy Lemon Coconut Cookies: Light as a cloud and lemony as can be!
I hope you enjoy the latest issue of RecipeLion Magazine as much as we’ve enjoyed putting it together. We’re so happy to be here cooking with you and we’re looking forward to many more recipes, dishes, and meals to share.
Happy cooking—and happy eating!
Editor & Publisher
P.S. Please enjoy this issue of RecipeLion Magazine, and let me know what you think about it by commenting below with your feedback! Your input is valuable to us and can help us make improvements.