Vodka Gimlet Cocktail
Fresh lime juice is the key to making this cocktail taste the best it can be. Simple syrup cuts the tartness and balances the vodka in a simple and effective way.
- Prep Time: 2 minutes
- Total Time: 2 minutes
- Yield: 1 1x
- Category: Beverages
- Ice cubes
- 1 1/2 ounces vodka
- 1 ounce fresh lime juice
- 1 ounce simple syrup (see Note)
- Lime wheel or lime zest, for garnish (optional)
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Add the vodka, lime juice, and simple syrup.
- Shake rapidly for about 20 seconds.
- Strain into a glass ﬁlled with ice.
- Add a lime wheel for garnish, if desired.
- To make a simple syrup, simply bring equal parts water and sugar to a boil, and stir until the sugar has dissolved.