Tex-Mex 7-Layer Dip
No tailgate is complete without some classic chips and dip, and this is the kind of dip that is guaranteed to get devoured before kickoff. Feel free to swap out any of the layers with other ingredients that are more suited to your taste! This recipe is easy to customize.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Total Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Sides & Sauces
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1 (16-ounce) can refried beans
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (15.25-ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 3 banana peppers, sliced
- 1 (2.5-ounce) can black olives, drained well and sliced
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Chopped fresh cilantro
- Pour 1/4 cup of the salsa into a 2-quart bowl and spread the refried beans on top.
- Gently spread the sour cream over the refried beans, then add the remaining 1/4 cup of the salsa. Sprinkle the top evenly with the corn, then the peppers, black olives, and avocado slices.
- Sprinkle with the salt, pepper, and cilantro, chill for at least an hour, and serve.