Slow Cooker Corned Beef and Cabbage
Weeknight evenings can get entirely too hectic, especially once school is back in session. Between juggling kids’ activities and running errands before the sun sets all too soon, there’s hardly time to catch your breath, let alone make dinner. That’s why this all-day slow cooker recipe is so ideal. It’s quick and easy to prep before you leave for work, and by the time you get home, dinner’s already done!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 hours
- Total Time: 8 hours 15 minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
- Category: Entrées
- 1 head purple cabbage
- 1 large onion, quartered
- 1 (3–4 pound) corned beef brisket
- 1 packet corned beef seasoning
- Thyme sprigs, for garnish
- Lightly spray the insert of a 6-quart slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Place the cabbage and onion in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Place the corned beef brisket fat-side up over the cabbage. Sprinkle the seasoning packet over the corned beef. Pour 1½ cups water around the cabbage and corned beef.
- Cover and cook on Low for 8 to 10 hours or on High for 4 to 5 hours, until the corned beef is tender and the cabbage is cooked.
- Serve, garnished with thyme.
- This dish is also good with Yukon Gold potatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces.